Commodities

By Forex Zone - September 14, 2016
Oil Futures Extend Decline on Data Release
Oil prices finished sharply lower on Tuesday as production forecasts called for a continuing supply glut in 2017.The International Energy Agency, which provides advice to oil-importing countries, said growth in oil demand was slowing while supply was rising, meaning the glut was due to linger “at least through the first half of next year.”Oil futures sold off sharply in today’s trading, with the October contract losing nearly 3%, closing $43.58. The U.S. Energy Information Administration...
Investing In Diamonds: Are Diamonds A Good Investment?
They can be, but you have to know what you are doing! Diamonds are so often overlooked as an investment opportunity, most of us just think that they are expensive because ladies (and increasingly men) think that they look pretty are willing to make their partner pay whatever the cost is to acquire one. What people don't realize is that just 20% of mined diamonds end up being used for jewellery, the other 80% are consumed for industrial purposes and will never live to see the consumer market.In...
Investing In Platinum: Is Platinum A Good Investment?
If you are looking for a quick and simple answer then maybe. Yes platinum is a good investment, just so long as you are buying at the right price and at the right time of course. Whilst it is true of any commodity, there are various factors which make platinum a safe bet for the long term. There are now more people than ever investing in platinum as a means of a more diverse portfolio, normally one which also contains gold and silver; sometimes even palladium.So why is platinum a good investment?The...
By Forex Zone - August 8, 2016
Is Gold a Good Investment
So is gold a good investment? Absolutely. People have invested a lot on money into economically unstable investments like real estate, stocks, and other non-safe investments. That’s not to say you can’t make money on risky investments like stocks, but there is no sure thing. People assumed that real estate was a safe investment. The past year and downfall of the housing market ended that.Is there a historically safe investment?At the height of the recession, way back in 2011 for instance,...